If you are a garlic-lover, then you will LOVE this recipe.
I'm a huge fan of garlic, and although the fresh garlic stench lingered in my breath for hours, it was totally worth it! This is a twist on a Spanish classic, patatas bravas (fried potatoes with spicy mayonnaise), that is often served as tapas in bars. It's delicious at room temperature or refrigerated-- I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!
currently listening to:
1 lb fingerling or baby potatoes
2 Tablespoons olive oil
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon (or 1/4 teaspoon depending on your preference) ground black pepper
4 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
4 Tablespoons mayonnaise
1 Tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 teaspoon dijon mustard
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 Tablespoon olive oil
green onion (optional)
prep time: 5 min
cook time: ~40 min (mostly unattended)
adapted from MySocialChef at food52
1. Preheat the oven to 400F.
2. Cut the potatoes in half, lengthwise.
3. In a bowl, toss together the potatoes, 2 Tablespoons of olive oil, 3/4 teaspoon salt, and the pepper until well mixed.
4. Lay the potatoes on a baking sheet and roast for 35-40 minutes; turn once after 15 minutes and again at the 30 minute mark. Remove from oven and allow to cool to room temperature.
5. In a small bowl, mix the garlic, mayonnaise, lemon juice, dijon mustard, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1 Tablespoon olive oil. Pour over the cooled potatoes. Top with chopped green onion and freshly ground black pepper.