Thursday is one of my favorite days of the week.
The reason? There's a Farmer's Market that comes each week, right outside of my workplace! For about $15, I can buy my produce for the week-- the quality, price, and taste simply can't be beat!
My first time there, I was awkwardly standing around, trying to decide what to buy, when one of the vendors asked me to try a sample of their tomatoes. It was perfectly ripe, incredibly juicy, and slightly sweet! I was sold. Ever since that sample, I've been buying my tomatoes there every week. I guess the samples did their job!
Anyways, this is a simple yet elegant preparation of tomatoes-- a perfect crowd-pleasing appetizer for a dinner party!
currently listening to:
G-dragon- Crayon [click here for english subbed version]
A fun, creative, a little out-there music video!
I think G-dragon is referred to as the Lady Gaga of Korea for a good reason...
4 ripe tomatoes
olive oil to drizzle over the tomatoes
2 Tablespoons olive oil for the stuffing
salt and freshly ground black pepper
3/4 cup Panko breadcrumbs
1/4 cup grated or shredded Parmesan
1 tablespoon fresh parsley (finely chopped)
1 clove garlic (finely chopped)
prep time: 15 min
cook time: 20 min
adapted from the Neelys
1. Preheat oven to 450F.
2. Slice the tomatoes in half. Dig out some of the core to make room for the stuffing. You can use a knife or spoon to do this.
3. Place the tomatoes on a baking dish or sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
4. Combine the 2 Tablespoons olive oil, Panko, Parmesan, parsley, and garlic in a small bowl. Add salt and pepper.
5. Fill the tomatoes with the stuffing. Bake for 20 minutes. If the stuffing mixture starts to brown, place a sheet of aluminum foil over the baking sheet for the rest of the cooking time.
6. Drizzle with a dash of olive oil, and enjoy!