This is such an easy and delicious dish to make! Perfect when you need to whip up a quick dinner. The soy and balsamic blend together to create a sweet and tangy glaze.
The original recipe calls for drumsticks, but you could also use thighs or breast. Just adjust the cooking times accordingly.
currently listening to: G-dragon- Black
8 chicken drumsticks, skin on
1 cup water
1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
1/3 cup soy sauce
2 1/2 tablespoons sugar (can use white or light brown)
1 garlic clove, roughly chopped
1/2 jalapeño (can use any pepper)
1/2 onion, roughy chopped
prep time: 5 minutes
cooking time: 30 minutes
adapted from JustJanS at food.com
1. Roughly chop the garlic, jalapeño, and onion
(video: how to dice an onion)
2. Place all ingredients in a saucepan over high heat.
3. BTB (Bring to boil) and then RTS (Reduce to simmer). Simmer for 20 minutes. Place a lid over and leave slightly ajar, or you can make an aluminum tent over the pan so that the chicken cooks evenly.
4. Increase the heat and turn the drumsticks until they are cooked through. Continue cooking until the liquid reduces to a sticky glaze.
(Note: If using boneless thigh or breast, you can remove the meat once it is done, and keep warm on a separate plate; continue cooking the liquid by itself until it becomes a glaze.)
5. Arrange the chicken on a serving platter, and spoon the glaze over it.